Friday, December 30, 2011

Great Peace

All your children will be taught by the LORD, and great will be their peace.

In righteousness you will be established: Tyranny will be far from you; you will have nothing to fear. Terror will be far removed; it will not come near you. Isaiah 54:13-14


Did you know that the words the prophet Isaiah wrote are describing today? He's talking about us, God's children! We have been given great peace through our Lord Jesus Christ. We have been established through His righteousness and terror shall now be far removed!

I read these verses about a week ago and after meditating on them and reciting them over and over I realized that if God has promised me such great peace then I shouldn't have to deal with anxiety. Why was I dealing with such horrible anxiety when God's Word told me that I didn't need to have any anxiety at all?

We all have fears and anxiety every once in a while but it surely is NOT from God! God has given us peace and security through His son Jesus Christ. So that no matter what happens in our life, or around us in this world, we still have been given great peace! I don't know about you but these promises have caused a huge breakthrough in my own life.

God's Word is so powerful that it can tear down anxiety when it comes. Just the other night when anxiety seemed to be knocking on my door, I remembered these verses and was determined to make His Word my reality rather than the worry. Within seconds of remembering these verses, the anxiety seemed to flee from my presence.

Here is the Amplified translations of the same two verses:
And all your [spiritual] children shall be disciples [taught by the Lord and obedient to His will], and great shall be the peace and undisturbed composure of your children.

You shall establish yourself in righteousness (rightness, in conformity with God's will and order): you shall be far from even the thought of oppression or destruction, for you shall not fear, and from terror, for it shall not come near you.

Isaiah 57:19 says Peace, peace to him who is far off [both to Jew and Gentile] and to him who is near! says the Lord; I create the fruit of his lips, and I will heal him [make his lips blossom anew with speech in thankful praise].

God wants His children to have great peace! So next time anxiety comes knocking at your door, combat it with God's promises. Speak His Word to your anxiety, think of good, excellent and praisworthy things and the "God of peace (of untroubled, undisturbed well-being) will be with you." (Philippians 4:9)

You will guard him and keep him in perfect and constant peace whose mind [both its inclination and its character] is stayed on You, because He commits himself to You, leans on You and hopes confidently in You.

So trust in the Lord (commit yourself to Him, lean on Him, hope confidently in Him) forever; for the Lord God is an everlasting Rock [the Rock of Ages]. Isaiah 26:3-4


I hope everyone had a blessed and peaceful Christmas! Now let's make 2012 and forever after, years of great peace!

May God bless you all!
~Gretchen

1 comments:

Gretchen M. said...

God bless you Soraya! I'm glad you liked the post.